1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork*
8 strips bacon cooked and chopped
2 eggs whisked
½ c. Italian panko bread crumbs**
¼ c. milk
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ c. green pepper chopped and sauteed
¼ c. yellow onion chopped & sauteed
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 c. cheddar cheese shredded***
1 c. BBQ Sauce
Pinch of red-pepper flakes (Optional)
Prep. Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 min Servings: 4
1. Preheat your smoker to 325 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredient by hand, but do not over mix. Shape into a loaf.
3. Place on the smoker and smoke until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F which should take about 1.5 hours.
4. With about 30 minutes left of cooking, brush the meatloaf with your favorite BBQ sauce and cook the remaining ½ hour. You want the BBQ sauce to absorb some smoke and be tacky when its done cooking.
4. Remove from smoker, let sit for 5-10 minutes, slice and serve immediately.